Updated: 5 July 2005

Cradle: Orindo
Typical Countries: Morran Alliance, River Baronies, Sunterranse Federation

Background

The Gods of Tir Na Og may be a single Pantheon, but their internal squabbles and lack of cohesion are infamous amongst gods and mortals alike. They are so bitterly wrapped up in their feuds that their Clerics cannot offer the Pantheon bonus to their heal checks. Theologically, Priests of Tir Na Og argue that this constant state of internicine squabbling makes them stronger. Real World Inspiration: Celts

[ TOP ]

Name
AL
Domains
Portfolio
Favoured Weapon
Worshippers
W.AL
Source
Arawn (God of the Dead)
LE
Death, Evil, MagicNecromancer Death, Necromancy, Resurrection, Slavery
Scythe
Necromancers, Cultists, Slaves
*E
LL 66
Balor (King of the Fomor)
LE
Destruction, Evil, Law Giants, Tyranny, Anger
Club
Tyrants, Giants
*E
Dragon 283
Belenus
NG
Fire, Strength, Sun Sun, Fire, Light
Longsword
Farmers, Warriors
*G
LL 68
Brigantia
NG
Animal, Plants, Air, Water, Earth Agriculture, Rivers, Rural Life
Mace
Farmers, Commoners
*N*
LL 68
Brigit (Goddess of Fire & Poetry)
CG
Chaos, Fire, War, Knowledge Fire, Poetry
Quarterstaff
Bards
*N*
DD1-27
Caribre (God of Music)
CG
Chaos, Knowledge, Luck Music, Bards,
Rapier
Bards *N*
Dragon 283
Daghda (The Good God)
NG
Community, Good, Protection, Strength, Weather Orindo, Leadership, Humour, Tricks, Weather
Club
Druids, Leaders, Nobles, Bards, Ranger
*G
LL 64
Danu (The Mother Goddess)
NG
Good, Healing, Magic Orindo, Motherhood, Mystery
Mace
Druids, Sorcerers *G
Dragon 283
Dianecht (God of Healing)
LG
Good, Healing, Plant, Protection Healing, Medicine
Mace
Healers, Physicians
*G
LL 67
Dunatis
LN
Earth, Strength, Air Mountains, Peaks
Warhammer
Mountain Dwellers, Barbarians
*N*
DD1-27
Goibhniu (God of Smithwork)
N
Artifice, Magic, Protection, Strength Weapons, Armour, Crafts, Feasting
Warhammer
Smiths
*N*
LL 64
Lugh of the Long Arm
CN
Animal, Commerce, Luck, War Crafts, Magic, Journey, Commerce, War, Horses
Sling
Artisans, Merchants, Wanderers, Commoners
*N*
LL 63
Mannan mac Lir (God of the Sea)
CG
Air, Animals, Magic, Trickery, Water Oceans
Trident
Sailors, Fishermen
*N*
LL 65
Math Mathonwy
NE
Magic, Knowledge, Meditation Arcane Knowledge
Dagger
Spellcasters
*N*
LL 67
The Morrigan (Goddess of War)
CN
Chaos, Destruction, , War, Madness War, Strength, Battle
Spear
Fighters, Tyrants, Barbarians
*
LL 66
Nuada of the SIlver Arm
LG
Good, War, Law War, Combat, Honour
Broad Sword
Fighters, Rangers, Paladins
LN, LG, NG
DD1-29
Oghma (God of Knowledge)
NG
Charm, Trickery, Knowledge Diplomacy, Justice, Communication, Writing
Club
Diplomats, Scholars, Bards, Good Rogues
*G
LL 63
Silvanus
NG
Animal, Plant, Sun Forests, Nature
Wooden Mallet (Club)
Rangers, Druids
*N*
DD1-30

[ TOP ]

Pantheon Mechnaics

• Unless the two gods' alignments are identical there is only has a 50% chance of a heal bonus successfully being applied. This represents the the chance that the two gods may be arguing.
• Each day, a Priest of Tir Na Og can call upon the domain of another allied alignment +25% per similar alignment. e.g. A Priest of Oghma (NG) would have a 25% chance of accessing Nuada's (LN) Domains on any given day, and a 50% chance of accessing the Domains of Silvanus (NG).

[ TOP ]

CAR = The fevered imagination of the DM
DD
= Deities & Demigods. Wizards of the Coast. April 2002.
DD1 = Deities & Demigods. TSR. 1980..
LL = Legends & Lore. TSR.1990.
Dragon 283